The pictures explain themselves, but here is the rundown:
- draw a rough outline of the shape and size of the wings
- place the sketch on the wax
- transcribe the outline using a sharp tool to create a dotted line
- remove the sketch which is now useless and full of holes!
- begin carving the rough outline
- start adding finer carved details
- separate the winds and smooth out the carving, tweaking the details as necessary
- align the wings and the shield roughly and melt together underneath to create a basic helmet
- time to cast the basic design in silver
Part 4 to follow: tweaking and fitting the helmet to the skull.